Sunday, March 4, 2012

About: Teacher Tails

Hi, welcome to my blog. Thank you for stopping by. I'm Miss Brown, or as some know me; Raina Mermaid!

Teacher Tails is a blog I've started to share my experiences in the education field. What do I mean exactly by that? Well.. sometimes I teach like this...

Photobucket

And sometimes... I teach like this...

Photobucket

I'm a young twenty something lady with a passion for education. I'm also very passionate about ecological issues. I've created my own persona in Raina the Mermaid to help teach children about the environment and ecological issues in a developmentally appropriate way. I want to educate kids and help them feel empowered. I also want to inspire them.

I also have a degree in Child and Youth Development and a Bachelor of Elementary Education. That means- I teach! I also work in the ECE field from time to time. You can specifically see my teaching portfolio by going to this link.

As Raina I work a variety of educational and entertainment events, recreational events, and birthday parties. All events I do have a dash of environmentalism. Our children are the future and if we raise them to know they can change it- they will. You can specifically see what I do as Raina on my official website here.

I'll be using this blog to share with you how my two worlds overlap: as Miss Brown the teacher and Raina the Mermaid. Teaching is so rewarding and like many others I am eager to learn from others, share my experiences, and grow. I'll be sharing lesson and unit plans I do here, talking about teachable moments, and sharing experiences from both the classroom and the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment